Subscribe to The Pastor"s Corner TODAY!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

3/10/2008

IN PURSUIT OF TRUTH

Hey everyone this is a Poem written by Sarah who recently has begun to attend our church. I thought it was awesome and all about each of our journeys as we begin to recognize our Identity in Christ and the Grace that He has poured out in our lives. Enjoy.


In Pursuit of Truth
I walk among the ashes
of the things I used to know
picking through the wreckage,
wondering how I got from there to here

I lift the smoke smudged book
to my face and see
the dog eared
pages of my youth.

Ah, here it is.
The list of cannots and do nots
The list of never enough.
Thatwas the undoing

Because in the end,
I despaired at the thought of a God
whose favor I could never win.

With joy I embrace the thought
that Someone
Somewhere
knows my darkest
and my truest heart
And loves me fiercely anyway

You bite your pomegranate tongue
swollen with the words
you feel that you must say

Because I love you
I let you say your piece
Then shake it off like a dog with the bathwater
You think I'm lost

But really I am finally found

Sarah Ahmed